Case Number: 01122008
789 Center Street
Plainfield, IL 60586
In November of 2007, the Will County Ghost Hunters Society was contacted by a homeowner in Plainfield, IL who believed she was experiencing paranormal activity in their home. She was not scared, and thought it might be her deceased father. She wanted the WCGHS to conduct an investigation in order to find evidence of what she believed was happening. The investigation was set up for January 12, 2008.
The homeowner has experienced several paranormal experiences in the seven years that her and her family lived in their Plainfield home. Her children have seen an apparition of a man on the second floor of the home. Her daughter describes him as the “blue man.” The children are afraid and do not want to sleep in their bedrooms. The children’s toys have been moved. The toys have turned off and on by themselves. Cold spots have been reported in various spots throughout the home. The homeowner has felt like she has been touched on the shoulder by unseen hands. The blankets have also been pulled off of the homeowners bed while she was laying in it. She believes the activity maybe attributed to her deceased father.
History of location:
The home was built in 1996 and has one previous owner. There are no recorded deaths or tragedies at the location.
Waxing Crescent 20.11% Illumination
Dan Jungles- Lead Investigator
Kathy Stinson- Case Manager
Tom Wilson- Equipment Technician
Gary Butler- DVR Technician
Todd Boreham- Investigator
Jeff Richardson- Investigator
The only non-investigator that was present during the investigation was the homeowner Sue.
While Kathy conducted the interview, the remainder of the team took baseline temperature and EMF reading.
Date: January 12, 2008
1. Address of site: 789 Center Street, Plainfield, IL 60586
2. How many occupants at location: 4
3. Occupants names and ages: Sue 37, Dave 49, Pete 5, and Darcy 2
4. Occupants occupations: Both Sue and Dave are in sales.
5. Occupants religious beliefs: Non-practicing Catholics
6. Time of occupancy at the location: 7 ½ years
7. Age of the site: 1996
8. How many previous owners: There was only one previous owner, who lived by himself. He did not pass away. He just decided to move.
9. History of site (tragedies, deaths, previous complaints): There are no known deaths or tragedies known to the homeowner.
10. How many rooms in the site: There are a total of 9 rooms in the home. They are a kitchen, living room, dining room, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms.
11. Has the location been blessed: The location has not been blessed to the knowledge of the home owners.
12. Has there been any recent remolding: The only recent improvements that have done to the home is the laying of new carpet.
13. Any occupants on medication: Yes, Sue is on medication for anxiety and dizziness. The medications are Tyroid Paxel , Advan , and Advert.
14. Any occupants using illegal drugs: No
15. Any occupants drink alcohol heavily: No
16. Any occupants interested in the occult (Ouija, séances, psychics, spells):No
17. Any occupants currently seeing a psychiatrist: No
18. Have any religious clergy been consulted: No
19. Has there been any media involvement: No
20. Have there been any other witnesses besides the occupants: Yes, both Sue’s mom and sister have witnessed various unusual things in the home. Sue’s mom lived with Sue in 2000 and 2001.
21. Have there been any odors (perfumes, flowers, sulfur, excrement): None
22. Have there been any sounds (footsteps, knocks, banging): Yes, there have been numerous sounds. Darcy’s toy kitchen has turned on by it’s self and began making various noises. The toilets have flushed by themselves throughout the day and night. The blinds have moved by themselves. There was no heat, air conditioning or wind present when this has happened.
23. Have there been any voices (whispering, yelling, crying, speaking): No
24. Has there been any movement of objects: Sue has had the blankets pulled off of her in the middle of the night.
25. Have there been any levitations: No,
26. Have there been any uncommon cold or hot spots: Yes, the upstairs bathroom has had a cold spot from time to time.
27. Have there been any problems with electrical appliances (tv, lights, kitchen appliances, doorbells): No, but there has been a few toys that have turned off and on by themselves.
28. Have there been any problems with plumbing (leaks, flooding, sinks, toilet bowls): Yes, the toilets have flushed by themselves.
29. Any occupants having nightmares or trouble sleeping: Yes, the children are afraid to sleep in their rooms and sleep with Sue. Dave sleeps in the children’s rooms.
30. Have there been any physical attacks: Yes, the blankets have been pulled off of Sue’s bed while she has been asleep.
31. Are pets affected: The homeowners do not have any pets.
32. When was the first occurrence of the phenomena: The first occurrence happened in 2000, shortly after moving in.
33. What were the reactions during the phenomena: They felt that it was pretty weird.
34. How long was the durations of the phenomena: The duration varies, but is usually of a few seconds.
35. Who first witnessed the phenomena: Sue
36. Were there any other witnesses: Sue and her Mom.
37. What time was the first occurrence of the phenomena: The first occurrence was experienced by Sue and her mom in the night time hours.
38. How often does the phenomena occur: It varies on how often it occurs.
39. Do the occupants feel threatened: Sue does not feel threatened, just a little spooked. Her children, Pete and Darcy are scared. Her husband, Dave believes there is nothing happening. Her brother-in-law has heard things, but still refuses to believe.
40. What do the occupants believe is happening (is it supernatural): Sue believes that there are at least two spirits in the home.
41. Do all of the occupants agree on what is happening of do they think it’s nonsense: Everyone agrees, except for Dave.
After the interview was done, the team was briefed on the information gathered during the interview. The information was discussed. The hot spots were determined and the cameras were placed accordingly.
Camera one was placed in living room.
Camera two was placed in the upstairs hallway.
Camera three was placed in the spare bedroom.
Camera four was placed in the master bedroom.
Due to the small size of the location the team did not spilt up. The homeowner Sue remained in the kitchen at the DVR system during the entire investigation. EMF and temperature readings, photos, and conducted EVP sessions throughout the home. No abnormal fluctuations in the EMF or temperature readings were detected. During the first EVP session in the living room Tom thought he saw a ball of light approximately 2 feet round go up the stairs and head towards the master bedroom. The source of the light was never determined.
Review of Data
Collectively the WCGHS recorded a total of 6 hours, 40minutes, and 33 seconds of audio. It was initially felt by 2 investigators that they had recorded an EVP during the first session of EVPs in the living room. However, after closer examination it was determined the voice that was picked up on the recordings was another member’s audio recorder. As a result, there was no audio evidence collected during this investigation.
During the course of the investigation the WCGHS collectively recorded a total of 9 hours, 22 minutes and 13 seconds of video. The video did not show any evidence of any paranormal activity.
Collectively the WCGHS took a total of 774 photos. There were no photos that were determined to be paranormal.
During the course of our investigation we could not gather any evidence of the location being haunted. There was one personal experience. An additional investigation should be performed at the location in the future.
* In order to protect the privacy of the individuals whom currently live in the home all names have been changed for the purposes of this report.